Located northwest of the Maldives atoll chain, the Baa Atoll is designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, an indication of the rich biodiversity of Maldives. Baa Atoll consists of 75 islands of which 13 are inhabited while the remaining 57 islands are uninhabited.
Baa Atoll is known as one of the best diving and snorkeling destinations in Maldives. It is home to the famous Hanifaru Bay, a must-visit if you love snorkeling with manta rays and whale sharks.
Our Must-Dos in Baa Atoll
• Dive into the gorgeous waters of Horubadhoo Thila, a well-known manta cleaning station during the southwest monsoon (May to November). With or without the manta rays, this thila is still a great dive with a school of glassy fish swimming around the area.
• For the best snorkeling experience, visit the famous Hanifaru Bay, home to the feeding aggregations of manta rays and whale sharks.
• Buy wooden lacquered souvenirs in Thulhaadhoo.
• Take a cruise and watch the sunset aboard a traditional dhoni.
• Relax on the powder-white beach of Fulhadhoo, considered to be one of the beaches in the world.