The North Malé Atoll is home to the capital city of Male and the centre of tourism. It is the most developed of the Maldivian atolls hosting numerous resorts, guesthouses, restaurants and shops.
This atoll is also known for it its colourful reefs and gorgeous wreck sites.
Our Must-Dos in North Malé Atoll
• Explore the largest religious structure in Maldives, Grand Friday Mosque. Admire the mosque’s gorgeous wall calligraphy and intricate carvings.
• Visit the coral-encrusted wreck of Maldives Victory, the most popular dive site in the North Male Atoll.
• Go on manta-ray watching at Manta Point located in the southeast of the atoll.
• Discover the stunning underwater scene of Banana Reef, the first dive site in the Maldives. It is known for its magnificent coral formations attracting an extensive variety of fish including groper, jackfish, blue-stripped snapper and more.
• For more diving adventure, explore the wreck dive sites of SS Seagull, Lady Christine and Erlangen in the Gaafaru Atoll.