If you are looking for a more quiet and relaxing holiday, the South Male Atoll is the perfect destination for you. This atoll consists of 22 islands, of which only 3 islands are inhabited with relatively small populations. This idyllic atoll is brimming with gorgeous dive sites with wrecks, lovely sand bars and exciting surf breaks.
Our Must-Dos in South Malé Atoll
• Dive into the gorgeous waters of Cocoa Thila, a famed dive site in the Maldives. Sightings include schools of grey reef sharks, white sharks, eagle rays, red snapper and fusiliers.
• Explore the stunning Vadhoo Caves on the northern side of the atoll.
• Take a snorkeling tour aboard a dhoni, a traditional wooden boat and discover the reefs around the atoll.
• Visit Maafushi and taste local cuisine such as the Maldvian hedhikaa, a deep-friend snack which includes smoked fish, coconut flakes, lime juice, onion and chili.
• Explore the deserted sand banks around the islands.